In 1928 a Swiss immigrant couple, Ernest and Gertrude Stalder began making Swiss cheese wheels in a tiny cut stone building using a copper kettle and milk from neighboring farms. By the 1960’s, their son, John, and his wife Grace, directed the company’s growth into it’s present facility while diversifying the types of cheese being manufactured. Today a third generation of the Stalder family helps to manage what has become known as one of Ohio’s finest natural cheesemakers. Nearly 3 million pounds of cheese are being made every year from the milk produced by dairy farmers in Eastern Ohio.
View Larger Map